Bryant & bRANNOCK: lEARN MORE ABOUT
Bill Bryant and Mike Brannock have been working together since 2010, when Mike joined Bill’s RIA firm, Bryant Investment Management Group. They soon discovered that they had very similar approaches regarding their client relationships and similar ideologies regarding the financial services industry. They made their alliance official in 2016 by forming the partnership of Bryant & Brannock. In January 2017, Karin Bryant became part of the team. In October of 2018 Karin received her Series 65 license and is now a financial advisor in addition to being our office manager.
Bill Bryant CFP®, CRPS, CIMA®
I want my clients to be given the personal attention they deserve. Finances are a very sensitive subject and should be handled with the utmost care. It is my goal to provide an alternative investment channel to clients who are looking for a more independent and client-centered approach from their financial advisor.
I am dedicated to:
- Working with clients across the full spectrum of the investment horizon from first job through the retirement years.
- Assessing the financial knowledge, investment experience and risk tolerance of each client.
- Developing investment strategies that are tailored to meet the unique needs and priorities of each client.
- Working with each client, on an ongoing basis, to address changing financial goals, needs and circumstances.
- Ensuring responsiveness to client concerns by being available beyond business hours.
I have spent 20 years working in the financial arena, first, as a mortgage banker and then as a financial advisor.
Background and Education:
- Received BA Degree in English from Virginia Commonwealth University in 1993.
- Began career in the financial industry 20 years ago, working with Norwest Mortgage and with Scott & Stringfellow, Inc.
- Hold designations as Certified Financial Planner™, Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist, and Certified Investment Management Specialist.
- Founded Bryant Investment Management Group, LLC in August of 2008. In May of 2016 formed a partnership with Mike Brannock, becoming managing partner of Bryant & Brannock, LLC.
- Former member of the Field Advisory Committee at Capital Financial Group/H. Beck, Inc.
- Former instructor for the Kaplan Schweser Education Program for the Certified Financial Planner Certification.
- Served as guest lecturer at the Osher Life Time Learning Institute at Duke University.
Over the course of the time that I have lived and worked in the Triangle area, I have become very involved with my community and am always looking for new ways in which to serve. I love spending time with my wife, family, and friends and enjoy woodworking and playing a variety of musical instruments. I also enjoy serving my community. I served as a volunteer with Durham’s Partnership for Children for ten years, first acting as treasurer, then as vice chair and finally as chairperson. I have also coached baseball, basketball and soccer with the Parkwood Athletic Association and South Durham Little League and served as an Odyssey of the Mind Coach at Hope Valley Elementary School.
This is my story and I would love to hear yours!
There aren’t many relationships as personal as the one between an individual, or couple, and their financial advisor. Necessity dictates that we learn details about your life that you simply don’t share with other people. How much you earn. How much you have saved. How much debt you have. What your goals and needs are. It can be humbling. It requires trust on your part and demands integrity on our part.
It has been my privilege and honor to have served individuals as a financial advisor since 1997. I’ve helped many families navigate a whirlwind of ups and downs in the stock market over that span, but that only scratches the surface of what we’ve experienced. I’ve seen 529 college savings plans progress from the initial funding phase to actually paying for a college education. I’ve seen IRAs progress from a savings plan to the primary source of a retiree’s income. I’ve experienced the joy of planning a wedding fund, and shared the grief of planning how to invest a life insurance settlement. I treasure my relationships with my clients, and I can’t imagine doing anything else.
As a Carolina native, I have developed strong ties to my community. I love spending time with my wife and family. Whether we are enjoying the back yard, mountains or beach, we appreciate the beauty of our state. We worship and are faithful servants at Hope Community Church, where I serve in the First Impressions Ministry. We are a ‘House Divided’ in ACC land: two kids graduated from UNC, one from NC State and one curently attends UNC-Charlotte. As a Carolina grad and former Pep Band member, I am not impartial!
I would love to hear from you!
Karin Bryant, M.A.
I am very happy to be part of the team at Bryant & Brannock. Bill and Mike clearly prioritize helping all of their clients identify and move toward their financial goals. I will strive to do the same, both as a financial advisor and as the office manager.
I received my undergraduate degree from Juniata College in 1989, my MA in Demography from Georgetown University in 1991, and my Series 65 Uniform Investment Advisor License in October of 2018. I have always had a calling to advocate for others and have used my skills in the areas of data analysis, organization and communication for that purpose. I have worked for the National Center for Health Statistics, the National Rehabilitation Hospital Research Center, the Office on Disability and Health at UNC-Chapel Hill, Easter Seals/UCP of NC, and for the NC office of Westat, Inc. I have served on the advisory board of the NC Assistive Technology Project and was appointed to the NC Council on Developmental Disabilities by Governor Jim Hunt.
I am an avid reader who loves gardening, crocheting and spending time with my husband, family and friends. I took a hiatus from the working world following the birth of my second child. During my time as a stay-at-home Mom, I was a member of the parent advisory group at Resurrection United Methodist Church Preschool, an Odyssey of the Mind coach at Hope Valley Elementary School and a board member of Sabbath Star.
I look forward to bringing all of my past experience to working with our clients, in addition to managing our office and coordinating our marketing efforts.
I would love to hear from you!